What's New in July 2019; mEdge update, Video support, Custom Dashboards, Advanced Micro Service Framework & new location
Its been a pretty hectic days at Vitamap, on one side the team is actively working with its customer partners in their digital transformation initiatives, the product team is churning away newer things for customers benefit.
mEdge 3.4.4 was released a couple of weeks back and is generally available.
- Powerful and improved messaging and notification based on Google’s FCM platform.
- Support for video recording as part of the workflow form updates.
- Now users can configure video capture as part of the field activities being performed. This enables a new way of doing work from creating field issues and resolving them
- Vitamap’s robust platform enables video capturing, storing and visualizing them in Cloudtrac portal and mEdge mobile apps
- Users can configure contextual video capture and set time & size of the streams
- Videos can also be added during job/ticket creation in Cloudtrac and are available for view in mEdge app
- Support file upload during workflow updates
- Field users can upload pdfs, docx, csv/xls as part of the workflow updates
- Useful in providing scanned invoices, paper approvals, test reports etc as part of field activities like service, PM, installation, commissioning etc
- Coordinators/Call center teams can upload various files as part of the ticket/docket creation
- The files are not treated as attachments but as business data allowing contextual consumption and usage
- Includes performance improvements and bug fixes
Cloudtrac middleware/miniCRM had a bunch of improvements & new stuffs
- Custom Dashboards with role specific access
- New Dashboard widgets like KPI number, Funnel, Map showing workflow updates and images, real time widgets for IoT data, custom formula support for binning
- Advanced Docket/Creation interface with intelligent grouping, master based hide/show, media upload, grouping etc
- Sophisticated form management updates supported in mEdge are now available in Web updates.
- Same configurable data collection widgets, form rules and updates can be used in workflows involving back office teams in mEdge.
- Simplifies in automating work of cross functional teams SCMs, call centers, Sales, Quality, Finance, HR etc
- The micro services framework of Cloudtrac continuous to evolve with the list of standard services continuing to grow, one can choose from
- Auto assignment and reassignment based on business rules, location, user availability on various triggers
- Custom and Standard Turn Around Time/KPI calculation based on workflow transition
- Connecting multiple workflows based on triggers and business rules
- Calculate travel distance/time based on user triggers
Not but the least, we have moved to a brand new location in Banashankari, Bangalore. You can locate us on Google map here..do drop in to say hi !!