Wasted time by technicians, coordinators and managers recording and keying in handwritten notes into back-office systems as well as chasing paperwork across the operation is a very real problem for organisations. Especially if the operations are field based.
Problems of Paper based field operations :
- Lost revenue due to poor visibility of job status and equipment leading to reduced utilisation.
- Wasted time on field when service is delayed due to unavailable or missing paperwork
- Cost of filing records, locating and retrieving them in case of customer escalations
- Room for error during manual entry into system or altogether emission of data from entering the system.
- Loss of data continuity if there is a break in the process on field
- Failure to utilize intelligence on customer and product from data that is collected on paper.
We have been working on mitigating these problems for our customers with the e-FSR (Field Service Report) feature.
How it works:
This can be extended to include Sales receipts, delivery notes, invoice details etc. While there are organisation specific benefits, we can expect these benefits in general across businesses :
- Increased operational flexibility with quick flow of information when compared to hard copies
- Transparent operations with common pool of information for employees to access customer information, job history etc.,
- Less chance of human error with digitized information
- Insight into customer behavior, product related information and room for innovation
- Track and monitor breaks/errors in process
- Stay connected to the customer and gather real-time feedback on a job done well
- Better engagement with links to customer feedback or even rich media as a part of the report sent to customer
- Simpler and secure storage of paper reports translating to overall reduction of operational costs
- A step towards being environment friendly and giving back to society.
E-receipts makes way for transparent operations and creates a connect with the customer for the organisation. More efficient and motivated field technicians who can spend more time solving the problem rather than chasing paperwork. The fact that the solution is mobile based also helps in enforcing best practices and increase chances for repeat or new business.
The writing is on the wall: Paper is being slowly but surely phased out of our daily lives, and as goes the consumer so will the enterprise.