Release Improvements & Fixes
- mEdge now supports updated Google play services v11 and above. This improves speed and performance of the application. If a user’s phone doesn't have latest version of play services (rarely so) user will be prompted to upgrade the services. Once done, mEdge will run smoothly.
- Improved location accuracy - mEdge has upgraded to latest version of google play services which offers better accuracy for locations based on cell tower and wifi networks. This will improve quality of captured location data.
- Reduced app size by 20% - mEdge takes less space on phone and users will get this & subsequent upgrades faster.
- Stricter mEdge upgrade enforcement - Improved blocking mechanism enabled to ensure, users are forced to upgrade from any access of mEdge. mEdge will block usage as soon as an upgrade is pushed. Users will only be able to use mEdge once they upgrade to the latest version. Note that this feature is optional and used as last resort to upgrade.
- Current location widget also supports capturing accuracy. You can decide the quality of location data dynamically based on whether the accuracy meets a certain threshold or not.
- Improvements in task list - Faster loading of tasks & task type icons in map.
- History & Dashboard screens - Fixed refresh issue on phone screen turn off. Pages are loaded only on page open.
- mEdge build process improvement - We catch bugs earlier thus improving app quality and reducing need for hotfixes.
Plannr finds the optimal route for today's tasks thus reducing travel time & distance for user, meets customer schedule requirements and cuts down operating costs for organisation.
An intelligent and intuitive interface which brings contextual notifications to users and assists in taking actions. This can be utilized to perform various actions to ensure mEdge users are more productive, get more stuff done in same time, ensure meet customer timelines and schedules.
E.g. everyday at 9 AM user can reminded to mark attendance if he has not done so
How to upgrade:
- Customer accounts will get auto updated in the coming days
- Yours will get notification on upgrade -> Click and upgrade on the notification panel
- Also Settings->Upgrade->follow the instructions
- Note: If you would like to opt out of the upgrade for now, please inform customer support
Contact your account manager to know more and how you can enable smartPlannr & smartDash in your accounts and #befieldsmart