We onboarded a warranty management services company recently. The Chennai based company manage PSU maintenance activity and was looking to automate their field based preventive maintenance process.
In a typical set-up, the coordinators were tracking most of the operations with spreadsheets for their multi-city operations. Although they were able to complete most tasks,they had many problems on the field.
- Coordinators lacked visibility regarding blockages on field and involved several phone calls for intervention and closure.
- Collating data from the wide-spread operations to submit compliance reports was tedious, time consuming and error prone
- As all the data was captured in paper, no digitized info for analysis and improvement
- Customer management issues arising due to complaints not addressed during PM activity
- Prolonged payment cycles and penalties due to all the above reasons
To begin with, we set-up a comprehensive checklist on mEdge to address all the data points that was originally captured using a paper form. Following which, we were able to provide a print-ready form with all data from field. This will greatly help them with compliance in billing and due diligence.
With the ability to prefill data from masters, coordinator is able to run smooth operations. Simple inputs such as the field resource, asset ID and the date are all they need to send tasks, the rest of the data is read from masters and available for mEdge users.
With mEdge in place, they hope to see
- Improvement in compliance and ease of billing
- Regularize payment cycles and reduce penalties
- Reduce paperwork
- Increase in efficiency of field resources
- Foster better customer relationship
- Accurate and available data for analysis and improvement
Explore how you can use mEdge in your service, sales or delivery organisation. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request for a demo here.